Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When you assume you make an ass out of u. Me is just dumbfounded.....

I absolutely dislike when people assume things.... hate it.  Despise it.  Really kind of shows how dumb they are.

My husband and I have been married for 13 years.  Together for 17.  Known each other for 21.  We have 2 daughters, ages 4 (almost 5), and 10 (almost 11).

This weekend we were asked that question.  SO ARE Y'ALL GOING TO TRY FOR A BOY?  Yes.  Yes we are.  Because our 2 beautiful, amazing, talented, smart, precious, we'd-take-a-bullet-to-our-assholes-for-them, remarkable daughters simply aren't good enough.  In fact, they kind of suck.  IS SHE FREAKING KIDDING ME?!  Why, WHY do people ASSUME that because we (or anyone) who has multiple children of the same sex that we are AUTOMATICALLY trying for one of the opposite sex????  I love my girls more than words could EVER express.  Truth be told, if I were to find out I was pregnant with a boy I may be a little disappointed.  (Ok probably not really).  But I can tell you that if I were to become pregnant with another girl... I'd be ECSTATIC!!!!! 

In hindsight, I could've told her we are one day hoping for a hermaphrodite.... OR a gay, black, athiest baby!!!!!  How about that?!  Or perhaps I could've told her I am the surrogate for Kate Gosselins's 9th baby????  What a dumbass.....  I mean can people seriously NOT think of anything better to ask me?  Maybe like what I do for a living?  Or how long my husband and I have been married, or how we met?

I am 99% certain I will never see this person again, but it's definitely a possibility.....  I'm sure that if I do I will have a plethora of prepared responses should they ask me any more stupid fucking questions..........

1 comment:

  1. It was probably asked just to start a conversation. Some ppl dont know what to say :) Well since it was asked I have to say..... WTF....surrogate for Kate??? HELLO I'm a better momma and appreciate you far more! :-D lol

    When Mark and I got married I dont know how many ppl asked when we were going to have a baby.... I had to explain the fact that my female parts are wiped out to a lot of ppl. Then get sympathy from something that doesnt bother me.... Ppl weren't being stupid or mean, just there is a natural course in life... If you arent married, ppl ask "when r you getting married?" till you want to scream. then when you do get married, the next question is "When you gonna get knocked up?" Of course if you do have 1 they assume you want to try for another. Because being married barefoot and pregnant is the only thing us simle minded women can do..... It's not done on purpose it's done from centuries of social views on women being nothing better than a babe factory and ppl are still bought in to it. So when asked, just remember they are simple minded or else they would of asked real questions......

    Well thats my feminist soap box for today :)

    ReplyDelete